Last week was my first week working with Carter Kay Interiors, and it was an absolute blast! The first day I mainly organized there closet of fabrics and labeled their work. But it was so much fun because Carter, Nancy and Vicki are so fun to talk to and be around! On Tuesday, I got to go with Carter to all these different oriental rug places. It was really unique because they all knew her, and we just got to sit while they unrolled all of these beautiful (and expensive) rugs. Then she choose a few that she liked, and they send them to her client and her client chooses the best one. Then she took me to lunch at this wonderful tapas place in Miami Circle. Afterwords we went to the client's house, where we met up with Nancy, and discussed wallpapers. Then the three of us headed to one more rug store and continued to pick out rugs. On Wednesday I went to ADAC and returned fabrics to all of these different showrooms, and now I almost know and understand my way around ADAC. Then I met Carter at a house that her brother was looking to buy. Afterwords, I headed back to ADAC, where I snuck in my sister so we could have lunch. I finally got to have that wonderful club sandwich again! After lunch I headed over to Mary Mac's
At Mary Mac's, I was in charge of pricing and ordering blinds for this absolutely beautiful house that she is working on. Then on Thursday, I was out and about running a bunch of errands like ADAC, Biswanger Glass etc. I got back had lunch, made a few more phone calls and then headed back out to Lewis and Sheron fabrics. Then I made a horrible mistake coming home and accidently got onto 85 South instead of 85 North which put me downtown in rush hour traffic! It was awful, it took me like an hour to get back, and by then Mary Mac just texted me to bring in the fabrics the next day. Friday morning was crazy! I got there and Mary Mac had revisions to a plan that I had drawn that she wanted me to make. So here I am making me revisions on my trash paper, however, at the time the first drawings were done we could only find small trash. Then we found large trash and Kenson told me to go over the entire plan in pen and Mary Mac needed it copied by 12:15. Ya'll, it was terrifying because at 11:50 i still had not finished making the revision in pencil and hadn't even started on the pen drawing! So Kenson and I scrambled to finish and didn't have time to copy it! After that stress was over, I headed out to run more errands to pick up fabrics and furniture.
Overall, both internships seem like they will be very helpful. I have already learned so much! Each company has a different way of doing things, so it is nice to have that experience under my belt. At Carter Kay everyone works together and we are all in one big room. Where as at Mary Mac, Mary Mac is usually out meeting with clients and checking on the houses, while Kenson and I are back at the house. Usually Kenson has a list of things for me to do and sends me out on errands by myself. Both have been really good thus far, and I will try to get pictures of the places we are working on up soon! Also I am headed to the beach for two weeks on Friday, so I will not be blogging for the next two weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment